We have made many friends and cannot wait to return, It seems we have fallen behind in updates. Here are a few photos from Nisyros. Departing Nisyros is bittersweet. We will miss this beautiful island and the lovely friends we have made. We are also excited to set sail, and head out to our next adventure.
Before Departing, Here Are Fun Tips of Not to Miss Experiences on Nisyros
- Rent a moped, car, or quad, and tour the beauty this island has to offer. From Volcano craters to quaint fishing villages, to scenic viewpoints, there is so much to explore.
- Take a stroll through the local towns, grab a coffee, and people watch.
- Buy local herbs and produce from the local farmers.
- Try a delicious homestyle Greek meal in one of the breezy seaside cafes.
- Check out the Archeological Museum in Mandraki.
- See the Ancient Wall.
- Hike to Paleokastro, a Mycenaean era acropolis
*We became friends with Mike, and his wife, Marilyn, the owners of Eagle’s Nest Car and Bike Rentals on Nisyros. Their rentals are modern, reliable, and in great condition. Further, if you have the opportunity to get to know them, they are wonderful people. While we do not get to see them as often as we’d like, we are thankful to call them friends.